Project management practices influence more than individual projects, they affect the overall health of a organization’s project portfolio.
By setting a solid project management foundation within your organization, you’ll be equipped to do your projects right, a necessary first step to completing your initiatives on time and on budget.
Project Management enables an organization to define, prioritize, understand, and measure the impact of projects on the organization. It defines the magnitude of resource involvement so you don’t over-commit your teams. Improve your project portfolio management capabilities, and do the right projects right.
Surge Assembly establishes and improves your project management and project portfolio management processes so that you consistently prioritize and execute the projects tied to your organization’s strategy that will yield the strongest profit and benefits. With the right project and portfolio management practices in place, you’ll make best use of your time, talent, effort and budget.
Surge Assembly’s assessment brings growth opportunities to the forefront. Surge will assess:
- Organizational commitment to project management and project portfolio management
- Project Management processes, tools, and templates
- Project decision making and governance
- Resource management, change management, and risk management tools and practices
Our approach to project management is all about understanding your culture and right-sizing practices to the needs of your organization. We ensure that the structure, tools, and processes we recommend are aligned with your goals and resources.
Surge Assembly implements project management tools and processes based on the insight gleaned from our assessment. Surge will:
- Close gaps in project managers’ capabilities
- Create/improve your project management office
- Serve as your organization’s virtual project management office
- Create/improve project and project portfolio processes, tools, and templates
- Create/improve project and project portfolio governance structure
- Create/improve resource planning discipline
- Evaluate and implement Project Management software as needed
- Coach, mentor, and train Project Managers, governance board members, functional leaders, and team members
- Lead pilot projects to demonstrate best practices and assure cultural assimilation
- Reassess periodically to measure progress and recommend course corrections